Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Curt's New Image Gallery

  1. #1
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't been on the Complete Guide to AG Collecting site in awhile, but I checked it out to see if Curt had any new news of Elizabeth. I was happily surprised to see he added a new image gallery to his site in early March. It shows the covers of the AG catalogues and some other nice pictures. Here is the link:

    http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Gallery.html

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, he posted about that a while ago! he did a GREAT job on it!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awesome! I usually visit his site often but haven't recently. Thanks so much for the heads up on this. My DD's will be so excited to see it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Lea

  4. #4
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    I enjoy looking at the old catalogue covers. I wish I had some to actually look inside of! Did anyone else notice that a few of the cover photos were used more than once?

  5. #5
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Ohhhhh!!! I remember most of the catalogs from 1993 on. Gosh...I wish I still had them....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really enjoy Curt's website. Have it bookmarked and visit all the time. Thank you Curt!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember my first catalog, the one in 1992 with Samantha in and her doll in the stocking. I was talking to a doll shop owner and he thought it was sad to see AG changing their style of the catalog. Where the cover seemed to be an emphasis on reading and history... the new ones seem to advertise girls clothing. Which is what the inside seems to reflect as well.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by tngirl03:
    I enjoy looking at the old catalogue covers. I wish I had some to actually look inside of! Did anyone else notice that a few of the cover photos were used more than once?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Say the word and I will try to scan one. Not this week though!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sailorangel59:
    I remember my first catalog, the one in 1992 with Samantha in and her doll in the stocking. I was talking to a doll shop owner and he thought it was sad to see AG changing their style of the catalog. Where the cover seemed to be an emphasis on reading and history... the new ones seem to advertise girls clothing. Which is what the inside seems to reflect as well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I totally agree. It is sad how the catalogue has changed. I really think the new catalogues are very tacky looking-not just the covers, but inside as well. I remember that the old catalogues had such a classy, refined look...

  10. #10
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Wink

    Wow that awsome he all of the catalogs up there, I iwsh I had old ones from when I was a kid. I love looking through them. I would give anything for just 1 old catalog.

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •